1. Applicable Law
The domain name ecoursepoint.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) is created and administered by Mundhra Services Pvt. Ltd. under the brand name of eCourse Point; as such the laws of India shall apply; courts in Kolkata shall have jurisdiction in respect of all the terms, conditions and disclaimers. We reserves the right to make changes to the Website and the terms, conditions and disclaimers at anytime with or without prior notice.
THIS AGREEMENT BINDS YOU OR THE COMPANY YOU REPRESENT (“YOU,” OR “YOUR”) TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF eCourse Point (“OUR”, “WE” OR “COMPANY”) SOFTWARE, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, SERVICES OR OTHER OFFERINGS ON OUR SITE (COLLECTIVELY, OUR “PRODUCTS”). BY USING ANY OF THE COMPANY PRODUCTS OR CLICKING ON THE “SIGNUP” BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK ON THE “CANCEL” BUTTON AND DO NOT USE THE COMPANY PRODUCTS.
3. Additional Terms
- If you are a Course Author or instructor (collectively here-in-after termed as “Course Author”), you are also subject to the Course Author terms and conditions located at ecoursepoint.com/course-author-terms (the “Course Author Terms”), which are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms. If you are a Course Author and there is a conflict between these Terms and the Course Author Terms, the Course Author Terms will govern.
- The Products enable students (“Students”) to connect with Course Author (the “Course Authors”) who provide recorded instruction or tutoring or learning services or quiz or test in Our proprietary online learning platform (the “Courses”). Students and Course Authors are, collectively, “Users.” The Products include, without limitation, facilitating and hosting Courses and supporting materials, and taking feedback from Users.
- Errors, omissions and/or discrepancies may not be fully ruled out in spite of best care to avoid them. The course or quiz is sold or exhibited subject to the condition that the editor, course-author and the company neither severally nor jointly undertake any liability in respect of any damage, injury or loss caused to the user or any person who so ever by reason of sale or exhibition.
- Company reserves the right to revise these Terms in its sole discretion at any time by posting the changes on the Site. Your continued use of Products after change become effective shall mean that You accept those changes. You should visit the Site regularly to ensure You are aware of the latest version of the Terms. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences of this section, no revisions to these Terms will apply to any dispute between you and the Company that arose prior to the date of such revision.
- The Company may modify the Products or discontinue their availability at any time.
- Though due care will be taken to made available the website round the clock but in circumstances like but not limited to scheduled maintenance, technical issues or glitches, the wesbite may be down for shorter period. We reserves our right to off the website for shorter period of time to do scheduled maintenance and / or resolve any technical issue or upgradation or situation or circumstances beyond our control or otherwise without informing users and without creating any liability.
- You are solely responsible for all service, telephony, data charges and/or other fees and costs associated with Your access to and use of the Products, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware or software, and other equipment required for such access and use.
- If You elect to access or use Products that involve payment of a fee, then You agree to pay, and will be responsible for payment of, that fee and all taxes associated with such access or use. If You provide credit card information to pay for such fees then You hereby represent and warrant that You are authorized to supply such information and hereby authorize the Company to charge Your credit card on a regular basis to pay the fees as they are due.
- If Your payment method fails or Your account is past due, then We may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. This may include charging other payment methods on file with us and/or retaining collection agencies and legal counsel. We may also block Your access to any Products pending resolution of any amounts due by You to Company.
- All of Your use, access and other activities relating to the Site and the Products must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitations, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, and to privacy and personal identity. In connection with Your use of the Products and Site, You must not provide incorrect or knowingly false information; copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with the Products or operation of the Site; frame or embed the Site or Products; impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account; introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Products or operation of the Site; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Products.
- Please check the browser’s cookie settings support pages to confirm the most up-to-date instructions to enable cookies.
5. General Disclaimer
- The Site is only a marketplace for Course Authors and Students. We are not responsible or liable for any interactions involved between the Course Authors and their respective clients or students and among students. We are not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of Course Authors or Students, including, but not limited to, any Student’s reliance upon any information provided by a Course Author. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While We endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, We make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance You place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will We be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- The Site and Products may give You access to links to third‐party Websites (“Third Party Sites”), either directly or through Courses. The Company does not endorse any of these Third Party Sites and does not control them in any manner. Accordingly, the Company does not assume any liability associated with Third Party Sites. You need to take appropriate steps to determine whether accessing a Third Party Site is appropriate, and to protect Your personal information and privacy on such Third Party Site.
You may only access the Products for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to Your use of the Products. You agree not to use the Products or the Company Content (as defined below) to recruit, solicit, or contact in any form Course Authors or potential users for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with us without Our advance written permission, which may be withheld in Our sole discretion.
7. Specific Obligations of Students using the Site
If You are a User in search of or participating in a Course, You are a Student and the following additional terms and conditions apply, and You represent, warrant and covenant that:
- You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the pricing information (see the Pricing section below) before using the Site or registering for a Course;
- You are over the age of 18, or, if not, You will only use the Products with the involvement, supervision, and approval or a parent or legal guardian. People below the age of 18 may not register for an account or register or purchase Courses.
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Site or the Products;
- You will not post any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, infringing, defamatory or libelous content;
- You will not reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, create derivative works from or otherwise use and exploit any Company Content, the Products or Courses or Submitted Content except as permitted by these Terms or the relevant Course Author as applicable;
- You will not disclose any personal information to a Course Author, and otherwise will assume responsibility for controlling how Your personal information is disclosed or used, including, without limitation, taking appropriate steps to protect such information; and
- You will not solicit personal information from any Course Author or other User.
- To use certain Products, You will need to register and obtain an account, username and password. When You register, the information You provide to us during the registration process will help us in offering content, customer service, and network management. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, username, and password (collectively, Your “Account”) and for all activities associated with or occurring under Your Account. You represent and warrant that Your Account information will be accurate at all times. You must notify us (a) immediately of any unauthorized use of Your Account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that You exit from Your Account at the end of each use of the Products. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or as a result of use of Your Account, either with or without Your knowledge, prior to Your notifying us of unauthorized access to Your Account.
- The Site is also using Forum platform and Group discussion platform. Some of your personal information like name, etc. are visible to the other user of the site. However, such usage is absolutely for identification purpose.
- You may not transfer Your Account to any other person and You may not use anyone else’s Account at any time without the permission of the account holder. In cases where You have authorized or registered another individual, including a minor, to use Your Account, You are fully responsible for (i) the online conduct of such User; (ii) controlling the User’s access to and use of the Products; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse. All software, technology, designs, materials, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, photos, images, reviews, ideas, and other data or copyrightable materials or content, including the selection and arrangements thereof is “Content.” Where the Company provides Content to You in connection with the Products, including, without limitation, the Software and the Products and the Site, it is “Company Content.” Content uploaded, transmitted or posted to the Site with Our assistance is “Submitted Content.” You hereby represent and warrant that You have all licenses, rights, consents, and permissions necessary to grant the rights set forth in these Terms to Company with respect to Your Submitted Content and that Company shall not need to obtain any licenses, rights, consents, or permissions from, or make any payments to, any third party for any use or exploitation of Your Submitted Content as authorized in these Terms or have any liability to You or any other party as a result of any use or exploitation of Your Submitted Content as authorized in these Terms.
- You hereby grant the Company a non‐exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, offer, market and otherwise use and exploit the Submitted Content on the Site and through the Products, and sublicense it to Course Authors and Users for these purposes directly or through third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You have the right to remove all or any portion of Your Submitted Content from the Site at any time.
- The Company hereby grants You (as a User) a limited, non‐exclusive, non‐transferable license to access and use Submitted Content and Company Content, for which You have paid all required fees, solely for Your personal, non‐commercial, educational purposes through the Site and the Products, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with particular Courses or Products. All other uses are expressly prohibited absent Our express written consent. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any Submitted Content or Company Content unless We give You explicit permission to do so. Submitted Content and Company Content is licensed, and not sold, to You. Course Authors may not grant You license rights to Submitted Content You access or acquire through the Services and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
- You agree that We may record all or any part of any Courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Site and the Products. You hereby grant the Company permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Site, Products, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- THE COMPANY RESPECTS ALL COPYRIGHT, PRIVACY, DEFAMATION AND OTHER LAWS RELATING TO CONTENT AND INFORMATION AND WILL NOT TOLERATE VIOLATION OF SUCH LAWS.
- If You believe that Submitted Content of Yours violates any law or regulation or is inaccurate or poses any risk whatsoever to a third party it is Your responsibility to take such steps You deem necessary to correct the situation. If You believe that Submitted Content of a third party or any Company Content violates any laws or regulations, including, without limitation, any copyright laws, You should report it to the Company.
- All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are retained by the Content owners and these Terms do not grant any implied licenses.
9. Pricing disclaimer
All prices, products and offers by Our Website are subject to change without notice. While We make sure to provide most accurate and uptodate information, in some cases one or more items on our web site may be priced incorrectly. This might happen due to human errors, digital images, technical error or a mismatch in pricing information received from our suppliers. We reserves the right to change prices for all our products, offers or deals. These changes are done due to market conditions, course termination, providers, price changes, errors in advertisements and other mitigating circumstances. However the price paid at the time of purchase will be valid for the duration of the course. Further, Goods and Service Tax is applicable on all of our product and it will charged separately from the user.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Site, in the Products or in any Company Content are Our registered or unregistered Trademarks or of Our suppliers or third parties and are protected pursuant to India. and foreign trademark laws. All rights are reserved and You may not alter or obscure the Trademarks, or link to them without Our prior approval.
11. Warranty Disclaimer
THE PRODUCTS, SITE, COMPANY CONTENT, SUBMITTED CONTENT, COURSES, AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, FREEDOM FROM ERRORS, SUITABILITY OF CONTENT, OR AVAILABILITY.
12. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE HERE UNDER UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY LOSSES, UNLESS SUCH LOSSES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AT THE TIME YOU AGREED TO THIS TERMS. THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY HERE UNDER SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS PAID IN CONNECTION WITH THE COURSES OR PRODUCTS UNDER WHICH SUCH LIABILITY AROSE. THIS SECTION DOES NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, FOR DEATH, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE, OR FROM ANY OTHER LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED BY LAW.
You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, representatives and third party providers from and against all reasonably foreseeable losses, expenses, damages, costs, claims and demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and related costs and expenses, due to or arising out of Your breach of any representation or warranty hereunder. We reserve the right, at Our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You under this Section, and in such case, You agree to fully cooperate as reasonably required with such defense and in asserting any available defenses.
We may terminate Your use of the Products or Site immediately without notice for any breach by You of these Terms or any of Our applicable policies, as posted on the Site from time to time. We may discontinue offering any Product, Course, or Content at any time (which will terminate Your right to offer these Courses if You are a Course Author). You may terminate Your use of the Site or the Products at any time, either by ceasing to access them, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org (but if You are a Course Author then Students enrolled in Your Courses prior to termination shall continue to have access to them for the duration of the Course). We have no obligation to retain any of Your Account or Submitted Content for any period of time beyond what may be required by applicable law. Upon termination, You must cease all use of the Site, Products and Content.
15. Electronic Notices
By using the Products or communicating with Company, You agree that Company may communicate with You regarding security, privacy, administrative issues and other issues relating to Your use of the Products or these Terms via e‐mails, SMS, phone calls or through announcements on the Website. If Company learns of a security system’s breach, Company may attempt to notify You electronically by posting a notice on the Products or sending an email to You.
- Entire Agreement: If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the ecoursepoint.com Websites/services and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and ecoursepoint.com with respect to the ecoursepoint.com Websites/services. ecoursepoint.com failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Liabilities: Website cannot be held responsible for any misuse of your account due to lack of security by the user.
- Waiver: A provision of these Terms may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Notice: Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by facsimile, postpaid registered or certified mail return receipt requested, or electronic mail.
- No Agency: Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venture, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither the Company nor any other party to this Agreement shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having, any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action that shall be binding on the other except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound.
16A. General use of information
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our programs, services, products or inquiries that we believe may be of interest to you. The information may also be used to communicate with you or to contact you about your account with us. We may also use this information to offer our products, programs, or services to the user. The website may publish your name, screen name and other information you have provided.
- The information collects in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. The information may also be used in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We shall disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
16B. User content on public forums, groups and wall
- You agree that we will not be liable for any content posted by you and you shall be solely liable for the same. You represent and warrant that the content posted by you is either owned by you or licensed to you.
- Each and every activity of the user is tracked and published the feeds of the website. The feeds are available to all the user and also available to the public at large.
- We may, from time to time, make messaging services, chat services, bulletin boards, message boards, blogs, other forums and other such services available on or through the Web Site. You agree that you shall not upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through the Web Site any material which:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site or the Web Site’s services
- are fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent
- constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law
- violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right
- contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component
- contain embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind
- constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin, endorsement or statements of fact
- You further agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from us. You also shall not offer to buy or sell any product or service on or through your comments submitted to our forums. You alone are responsible for the content and consequences of any of your activities.
- We reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to monitor and/or review all materials posted to the Web Site or through the Web Site’s services or features by users, and we are not responsible for any such materials posted by users. However, we reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
- Please note that comments submitted to a forum or group or your activities on the site are recorded and stored in multiple places, both on our Web Site and elsewhere on the Internet, which are likely to be accessible for a long time and you have no control over who will read them eventually. It is therefore important that you are careful and selective about the personal information that you disclose about yourself and others, and in particular, you should not disclose sensitive, embarrassing, proprietary or confidential information in your comments to our forums or groups or wall.
- We shall not held be responsible for disputes arising out of interactions between members / users. We reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes.
17. Mobile Version